Skip to main content

Soledad

Loneliness has taken over the best part of my last 3 months now. It's one thing to spend time with yourself, another thing entirely to start delving inside one's mind for solace. Especially when the floor of the pit is not too appealing...
I came to Bhopal in the 3rd week of April, as part of my field job and to learn the nuances of my future responsibilities (when the training period ends). It's been 3 months now. While the work has been teaching me lots, I am doubtful about the after-work scenario. And, judging by the fact that I haven't killed myself, I assume that I am accepting myself slowly. Swimming a lot though, only to pass away the evening hours in a haze of blue.

One could say this is my crap karma coming back to haunt me. Another could say this kind of lone time will be good for me, taking me to a higher clarity about the purpose and path of my life. Yet another could say that it's abnormal for a 24 year old to be unable to make friends in a new city. Only my vices are my true companions. Whatever the case be, bottom line is - being lonely is good only if you need a break, not a sabbatical!

Moving on, I faced the second round of SSB interviews two weeks ago and came out looking horribly. I kept guessing where I went wrong, unable to pinpoint a single major thing in a bunch of so many wrongdoings. Anyways, water under the bridge... This is not the first time I messed up an interview and it definitely won't be the last. Plus, I shudder to think of myself as a disciplined professional! :-P
For want of something different, many of my classmates recently got married. And I ask myself - these people are the same age as I, how can they get MARRIED at this time?! Isn't marriage a lifelong, sacred commitment that binds two souls into consecutive phases of intermittent love-hate episodes with a child or two thrown in to create balanced relationship dynamics until you start questioning your's or your soul-mate's sanity aloud?!?!
And I answer myself thus - You are asking the wrong person. I m hardly anything more than an overgrown schoolboy, at best a college guy devoid of significant seriousness and sincerity towards the future. One day I wish to be a mechanic, another day I think of writing for a living, and then the next I ponder over lives of those less fortunate than me. In the end, I have a one-sided discussion with my conscience which result in falling asleep more confused than before. 
My fickle-mindedness fazes out the moment I realise that I can keep going on in a regular income job without risking my neck out there. Never have I tasted the sweet pain of desperation that brings out the animal inside us. That animal which cannot take no for an answer when it comes to their goals. And the very same animal who takes you from a troubled mind to euphoria at the end.
How does someone figure out their path in life? Or do people actually ever figure it out?

Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 16, 2014

    you might get a nobel if you figured that out and wrote an algorithm for the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2014

    netu u take life too seriously.. chill out yar.. bhopal is a good city.. u'll surely make good friends.. you are too young to think that way .. take care.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At times i feel that figuring out who v r n what v want is a constant never ending process... V feel like v want something n when by some goddamn luck v get it, our heart seems to have already moved on in search of something else.
    Bottom line... U may never really figure out the path of life but when u start to find sanity in being lost, the things that u figure out will b much more meaningful and the journey so much more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just gave me a simple and amazing way to make peace with myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.

Translate

Popular Posts

Invincible truth!!

As a young lad, once Subroto Roy Sahara was yelling at the washer-man for ruining a pair of his favourite jeans. His father, late Sudhir Chandra Roy, overheard him and came over. After listening to his son, he told his son to apologise to the washer-man... Later, his father explained to him the reason behind it. He said,"You only have a right to criticise somebody when you have the ability to do the very same work better than them. Only then can you question their shortcomings! And since you are no good when it comes to washing your laundry, you had no right to yell at the washer-man that way."

godlyk Gokarna..

Its time to leave for Gokarna, bags packed and all... We reach the railway station and scoot about here and there, wondering where our train is halting and why isnt the announcement being made??!! Upon enquiry, it turns out that that particular train isnt gonna show up and that we have been fooled, once more, by the Indian Railways. Heads down, red-faced, we finally decide on going by bus, a full 5-hours journey through the foothills of Goa and Kanataka. Luckily, we all got seats at the back..