Skip to main content

The prodigal imbecile for St. Valentine

Here comes Valentine's Day... Again!
For starters, this is how I looked when I woke up early this morning, booming with courage and spraying happiness everywhere :-D

Anyways, after getting drenched to my skin waiting for the bus, my spirits dampened a little.
Come lunchtime and I decide to at last ask out that pretty little co-worker, just so I needn't at least spend this day alone... Again!
I step out and wait for her to pass down the corridor. Round the corner comes the lady who has been looking at me wide-eyed in the eatery for past two months! Violins start playing, wind starts blowing.. The world gets ready to see another great romantic musical.. But then, I open my mouth and poof! The musical turns into a tragedy, enough to move Lucifer to tears. The transcript of the world's dumbest conversation goes as follows:
Me: Ma'am, I have been meaning to ask you for a long time... (pause, blink, blink) What is your name?
Her: Pamela.. (serious stare)
.
.
.
.
.
.
Long pause...
.
.
.
.
.
.
Her: Why? What happened?
Me: (hyperventilating, blushing and tongue-tied) Nothing. 
And then I decide to just run away... Just like that! 
One would think that this particular tactic would be enough to throw me off-track. But no! I am way stupider than I ever could have imagined.
So I decide to ask the pretty lady out when she boards her evening bus right outside the company gates.
I wait, mop my brows, urinate twice on the way and deep-breathe for about 11 minutes when she appears within approachable distance.
Me: Ma'am...
Her: ....(glare)
Me: Would you like to go out for some coffee? (fingers-crossed, praying, hoping, trying not to pass out)
Her: No, thanks!
And she boards the bus, disappears behind her seat and I am left there standing all alone. Buses pass around me and I run to board mine before it leaves me behind in this heaven of dust and heartbreaks!
To summarize, this might just describe my state: 

People go to dates and dances on Valentine's Day, get gifts and hugs... I, however, went to the salon and got a haircut. The only person over there who could be another embarrassment to mankind could be the barber, had it not been for the fact that he was utterly and totally gay.
Had I misread those smiles and glances in the lunchroom? Or did I went a little too fast from her name to our coffee, considering today was the first ever time I had a conversation with her?


Comments

  1. nitu u actually went a bit too fast.. ur such a fool smtime.. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.

Translate

Popular Posts

Invincible truth!!

As a young lad, once Subroto Roy Sahara was yelling at the washer-man for ruining a pair of his favourite jeans. His father, late Sudhir Chandra Roy, overheard him and came over. After listening to his son, he told his son to apologise to the washer-man... Later, his father explained to him the reason behind it. He said,"You only have a right to criticise somebody when you have the ability to do the very same work better than them. Only then can you question their shortcomings! And since you are no good when it comes to washing your laundry, you had no right to yell at the washer-man that way."

godlyk Gokarna..

Its time to leave for Gokarna, bags packed and all... We reach the railway station and scoot about here and there, wondering where our train is halting and why isnt the announcement being made??!! Upon enquiry, it turns out that that particular train isnt gonna show up and that we have been fooled, once more, by the Indian Railways. Heads down, red-faced, we finally decide on going by bus, a full 5-hours journey through the foothills of Goa and Kanataka. Luckily, we all got seats at the back..