Skip to main content

Drawbacks of dreaming

Dreams, as v all know. is stuff which we can see only with our eyes closed…Every1 has a dream..some want to be successful in their respective fields/jobs…some want to rid this world of all d malaise its brimming with…I hav always had a dream too…I want to prove that the underdog is not to be underestimated…Ppl r constantly judging u…Firstly, i wanted to join d armed foces….bt dat dream went up in smoke whn i got bespectacled…My parents thn decided engineering for me…I love cars so it seem like a natural progression of my passion…Now in a reputed college, all I want is to get a degree and open my dream garage…one full of cars waiting to be tweaked n instruments lining d spray-painted walls n windows :)

               I thot up of a project idea bt d moment i proposed it to a senior student in our college, he told me i was being stupid by staring sumthng dis big…He told me to strt small n build up…He also told me to improve my lousy CGPA instead of running aftr things i dont know much about…Funds, permission,working place, raw material, faculty recommendation etc. r d thngs dat i wont get unless i had a nice score in academics…Inside, I felt that wats d use of improving my academic grades if they dont help me do what my heart wants…Mentally, i said d big F n decided then n there that no matter what, im gonna do  at project, even if i have to loan money for it…

                Education is necessary to make u a better person,  not sum1 who kills his dreams just for a score-card…Ppl just expect me to get a job, hav my own place n b one with it…Nobody really gives a damn abt ur dreams except ur own self…Mahatma Gandhi proposed a system of education dat is not confined to buks n marks…He also waned all teaching to b done in our national lingo-hindi...N altho i hate him for many of his deeds, he had a valid point n a vision for d greater good…Nothng can b achieved unless u hav a passion for it n r willing to fulfill ur dreams…Dreaming big is not a crime…But itsa crime if u let sum1 else change ur dream n live a frustrated life regretting ur choices….I dont want my life to b based on decisions taken by those who hav lived life on their terms… V only get one shot at d title…Either grab it or turn ur back on it…D only difference it makes is dat if u choose d former, u’ll at last be responsible for whichever way ur life turns out n wont hav to regret… Dream big, work for it, b’coz sometimes u gotta walk before u can crawl!!!

Comments

  1. _/\_ maa c... de us buggy ki....u can i knw tht

    ReplyDelete
  2. abey i m not mad at d damn buggy... m mad for ppl doubting wat can i do n wat i can't.... not every1 is a geeky 9 pointer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.

Translate

Popular Posts

Invincible truth!!

As a young lad, once Subroto Roy Sahara was yelling at the washer-man for ruining a pair of his favourite jeans. His father, late Sudhir Chandra Roy, overheard him and came over. After listening to his son, he told his son to apologise to the washer-man... Later, his father explained to him the reason behind it. He said,"You only have a right to criticise somebody when you have the ability to do the very same work better than them. Only then can you question their shortcomings! And since you are no good when it comes to washing your laundry, you had no right to yell at the washer-man that way."

godlyk Gokarna..

Its time to leave for Gokarna, bags packed and all... We reach the railway station and scoot about here and there, wondering where our train is halting and why isnt the announcement being made??!! Upon enquiry, it turns out that that particular train isnt gonna show up and that we have been fooled, once more, by the Indian Railways. Heads down, red-faced, we finally decide on going by bus, a full 5-hours journey through the foothills of Goa and Kanataka. Luckily, we all got seats at the back..